Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Mike Bertha: My Best Friend


I've been lucky to have some really great friends in my day. However, it's beginning to look like Mike Bertha is my new best friend. Why? Because he has now visited me twice in this state of New York. He was incentivized because his grandmother lives in the next town over, but that's beside the point.

Some may question Bertha's ranking, but being surrounded by terrible drivers and a lack of Wawas (or dare I say, even a Sheetz) it doesn't take much to make me happy these days. Which is probably a good thing.

Unfortunately for the D.O.B. his ranking will drop this weekend when Measy and JDavis come to visit. Dob's rank will probably drop even farther since his parent's annual Memorial Day get-together was not rescheduled to meet my needs, and he will drop even farther down the ranks when Measy, JDavis, Jacqui, myself, and others will go to cheer on the Phillies when they play at Citi Field this coming Sunday to embarese the Mets.

Measy, most likely, as long as he doesn't get too Shived, will be bumped up to the #1spot, and Dob will slide down, but not farther than the top ten or twenty. As for JDavis, he probably has the most to gain. He's currently ranked 72nd and could be bumped up at high as 34th, especially if he eats a McDub with cheese.

As for the Mailman, he's busy worrying about making the most important delivery of his life, and his ranking will most likely remain where it has been for the past seven months.

***

So what did Dob and I do last time he came to visit? Hell if I know. All I am really sure of is that when I went into work the next day, I was surrounded by sad and worried faces asking me what was the matter. Sympathies quickly changed to laughter when they realized I was suffering from the Irish Flu.

No comments:

Post a Comment