
How does one start such things?
***
Jacqui and I recently inherited a cat quite unexpectedly.
Jacqui's mother recently passed away quite unexpectedly. She died in her sleep, and we still don't know why.
We quickly made our way back home to do all of those necessary things. Although I
don't think Jacqui yet realized, I knew we had just inherited a cat. Jacqui's mother's neighbors were willing to take in Felix, mainly because he is a pretty awesome and good looking cat. But when Jacqui decided that we needed him, probably more than he needed us, I was prepared (at least mentally). After a quick trip to Pet Smart and a long drive back to New York, we had a cat. I've never had a cat before. I quickly learned that they don't like to shake or play fetch, and don't respond when I tell them to sit, or come, or to get off the kitchen counter.
But he does love to chase laser pointers and nibble (or bite) the shit out of my hands when I let him.

Felix doesn't like to drink water out of his bowl. He likes to hunt his water, finding it in obscure places. I've yet to see him drink from the toilet, but our leaking tub is a favorite spot, as are the glasses of water sitting on tables and the small pools of water around our sink.
He loves being scratched, and loves attention on his own terms. He loves to sleep, and loves waking me up at 5AM by clawing at the mattress until I wake up and push him away, then he grins, rolls his eyes, and struts out of the room.
When we're not home, he is busy making sick-ass beats on his turntable. And aside from listening to some of the best hip-hop, the dude also seems to enjoy the growl (or purr?) of Mr. Tom Waits. As I wrote this, Felix came over and put his head right up against the speaker as Waits was on, and as the song ended, he promptly got up and walked away.
So now, as purr our Friend Lindsay's request, we've been snapping a lot of pussy cat pictures. Of course, all the best ones are with Jacqui and Felix.

Damnit she is beautiful!
I'd also like to thank everyone for all of their kind words and support the last couple weeks. All the cards and flowers and food have been perfect. Thank you, and we love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment