Saturday, January 14, 2012

This Bud's for You: Part Deux


Measy, Jellis, and Birdman X are visiting this weekend, and I am supposed to be cleaning the bathroom as Jacqui does the laundry and living room. But, as the soap scum and black questionable smudges that line the tub are being destroyed by the multipurpose bleach spray, I am taking a minute to write a quick post about last weekend's events.

Denardo, Steve, and Lisa DeHaan made a visit to New York. The plan was to go see PremRock preform his first solo set in a few months, and maybe hit a few bars and, as the kids say these days "act young."

We started off the night on the train killing a few Captain Lawrence growlers (no surprise there). We ran into some young kids rocking Phillies hats, and instead of clarifying that the reason I was hitting them and looking for high fives was because I was a fellow fan, I just kept hitting them and looking for a high five while yelling "yo" a lot. We had yet to even get off the damn train.

We walked by a lot of bars, and one made us stop as soon as we passed it, we back tracked peering again into the window at the bar: A silver tap handle with a big red V on the top of it was attached to the bar. Prima: A victory indeed. After a couple of those and some wings, our journey to Gizzi's Cafe, where Prem was performing, continued.

As soon as we got there, after a fantastic a cappella opening act, Prem started out with "How'd You Get So Fresh" and we went from beers to mixed drinks. As soon as that first beat started playing, Denardo turned to me and said, "aw man, I was hoping he was going to do this one." At the time we were just clapping and cheering and having a great time, but Jacqui recorded some of the performance, and we basically sound like a bunch of jackasses



After Prem rapped up, we stumbled out into the night, spun the cube at Astor Place, talked to some Japanese tourists, and went dancing at some club. I was up at 5AM that day for a Friday morning meeting, and had work the next day. I was getting sleepy.

By 1AM we went looking for a subway to take us back to Grand Central, and then home to the 'burbs. We all found that subway, and almost all of us got on. John stood there, basically waving to us with a confused look on his face as the doors shut more slowly than they usually do, almost as if they were saying to him, "are you sure you don't want to get on this one?" 

We waited at Grand Central for him, hoping the next subway would be coming right down the track, and thankfully it was. We made it on to the 1:56AM train, last one of the night, where I immediately fell asleep.

Once we got into Kisco, I, half asleep, stumbled home alone as Jacqui took the rest of the gang to a local diner.

***

I think it's time to get back to cleaning. I'll post appropriate videos and pictures to this post when I get another free minute.



Taken on my olderthandirt phone. Not sure when, or how, or why, but certainly while trying to find our way back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment