Wednesday, November 3, 2010

All Treats, No Tricks


Halloween night went very for Jacqui and I. My plan was to go to Don's and get a handful of dubs, (no pics, add mac) then come home and have a few beers, pig out in front of the TV, and hand out candy if the doorbell were to ring.

5:15PM the doorbell rang, and I had yet leave to get the food. My heart was broken, to say the least. I handed out candy to a dozen eight(?) year olds and texted Jacqui to grab some food (she came through and saved the day, and the two of us ate some cheeseburgers).

We got boys dressed as girls, girls dressed as boys, we got a Lady Gaga, a couple pirates, two Spider Men, two Thomas Trains and of course, the 15year old with a hoodie and no mask.

"Where's your costume?"

"Ah shit, where's my mask, oh here it is." He held it up, put it back in his pillow case, and then held up his pillow case for some candy. I gave him some, of course. Reminded me of when Denardo did it. The guy took a white marker, drew a couple lines on his face and walked out of his house to get some of that free candy. He would tell people that he was a guy with shit on his face. He was refused candy a few times, probably, but it was pretty funny.

One of our last trick-or-treaters were four 14 year old girls. I opened the door and one started talking a lot. I wasn't following what she was blathering about, and stopped listening. I smiled and nodded as she talked and talked, clearly playing into whatever she was dressed as.

"So, what are you supposed to be?"

"Me, oh um, I'm her girlfriend" she then pointed to the girl who was dressed as a boy.

"Ok, whatever you're into," I said. I then gave them candy. The one girl I tried to give candy to smiled and shyly walked away with her head down.

"Oh by the way," said the one who wouldn't stop talking, "you're really cute."

"Why thank you," I said with a smile.

Now, I don't care who thinks I'm cute, gays, lesbians, old women, old men, babies, it doesn't matter, I'll take the compliment.

Then, as I shut the door, I waltzed over to Jacqui, who was on the phone with my mom, and yelled into the phone about how I still got it, how teen girls think I'm cute. Then I laughed for a while.

***


We've needed to go grocery shopping for a couple days now. I'm starting to get a little sick of left over Halloween candy and Don's. I'm off to turn in some cans and bottles for a refund to see how much food I can buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment