Friday, October 29, 2010

TV and Halloween


At Diplomat 4E, Thursday is TV night.

TV night starts at 8PM on NBC with the most underrated comedy on television: Community. The show is hilarious, the characters are interesting, and there's even a level of sweetness to it that you don't find on Always Sunny. Following Community is The Office, then some new show called Outsourced, not that funny, not that good, if it makes it three seasons I'll be surprised.

By 10PM we switch over to FX for It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League.


'Tis the season for Halloween episodes, and all the shows delivered. After cutting up a pomegranate to snack on, I watched Community as Abed saved Troy's life from zombies. As Abed first began to speak of sacrificing himself, Troy tried to stop him. Abed said no, and that he was proud to let Troy be the first black man to survive until the end. Then the zombies started to bite Abed and I started to die laughing.

The Office had a classic episode full of Pam and Jim being cute, Michael being upset and inappropriate, and everyone dressing in clever Halloween costumes.

As for Always Sunny, I thought that episode was going to jump the shark with Dee's pregnancy, but so far it seemed to have dodged a bullet after we learned that none of the guys actually slept with her, or did they?

And The League brought on some big laughs, as always. The first season, only six episodes long, was some of the greatest comedy I'd ever seen on TV, and so far, season two has been even better.

***

This Sunday is Halloween, and I called my landlord to ask how many trick-or-treaters we should expect. Forty to fifty he said. Well, I think I may have bought too much candy (five bags) but I bought the candy a couple of weeks ago and have already eaten through the one variety pack, filled with Reece's Kit-Kat's and Take-5's, yum.

Whether you're going out and getting dressed up, drinking, or just sitting around handing out candy to kids, try to have some fun.













Happy Halloween.

1 comment:

  1. My apartment building doesn't get too many trick-or-treaters. :( But that means more candy for me during NaNo!

    Last night I watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" and "Scared Shrekless." Those specials are way more in tune with the upcoming Halloween weekend!

    Happy Halloween, Jon and Jacqui!!!

    ReplyDelete