Monday, February 14, 2011

Premonition: Prem-Rock-the Planet


My intelligent and hard working friend and artist, Premonition is going on a world tour. I've promoted Prem's work on this blog in the past when reviewing both his album The Build and his first music video The Writer's Block

How does a young guy working at a hotel in the mornings and rocking shows at night, who lives in Manhattan, drop someone elses luggage and pick up his own to spread his music to Europe? With a great little website called Pledge Music. This website is similar to the website Kickstarter where artists are able to offer their work in hopes of raising money for their larger projects.

On Pledge Music Prem is offering everything from signed CDs and hand written lyrics to personalized custom music for those who donate. So far, in only a few days time, he has raised close to 25% of his goal.

When I heard about Power Laces on Kick Starter I donated $25 but it was mainly for the t-shirt and because of my love of the Back to the Future movies.

When I heard about Prem's pledge drive I dropped him $100, and this is the same week my car died.

"What!?" the women in my life will yell.

Yep, I know. I'm wild and crazy, but I believe in what the man is doing, and I believe in the music. It's really a beautiful thing.

I'm encouraging each of you to (again) check out his website and download the album. But hell, if you do that, you might as well donate a few dollars, too. He's putting together some really great packages for those of you who do donate.

Even if the music isn't your style, how often to you get to help out a young struggling artist? So, hey, what the hell, why not throw him a few bucks? You can brag about it to your older friends at your next cocktail party.

2 comments:

  1. Made my pledge! Come on followers, Premonition is about half way to his goal, think about helping him out.. Read his inspiring words on Pledge Music!!

    ReplyDelete