For Christmas Jacqui bought me a one liter barrel from the Thousand Oaks Barrel Co. The barrel, made from American White Oak and chard inside, is used to age spirits to create new and exciting flavors. You can also use the barrel to ferment beer and wine if you're looking for something new and exciting from your home-brews.
So I took a liter of Smirnoff vodka, added about an ounce of Thousand Oaks' magic "Irish Whiskey Essence" and aged it for about six weeks. They say that in 2-4 weeks you get something that resembles Jameson, and if you go six weeks, you have Jameson Twelve Year. The smaller barrel allows more contact to the liquid, allowing it to "age" more quickly.
I've got quite a few acquaintances and friends who enjoy the drink up here in New York, and I've been meaning to fill my flask and pass it around, but as of right now I've only bought a (customized) bottle from their website to hold my "water of life" (Ulsce Beatha).
Jacqui and I tried tasting it, but I think she started to cry about how awful it was. Thankfully our friend Jessie came to visit, and with her peer pressure, the three of us took a few shots throughout the night of what I have named "Harahan Export Whiskey." My supervisor, Rudy, who lives in my building, came down and partook once I told him I was taking shots with some sexy ladies. He called it "swell" so we sipped on some Laphroaig Ten Year, Glenmorangie's Quinta Ruban, and beers for the rest of the night, instead.
So I encourage the rest of you outside of New York to come visit, and partake in a drink with Jacqui and I, whether it be "Harahan Export Whiskey," beers from Captain Lawrence, or whatever we can find at the local bars, our door is always open.
Cheers.
So I took a liter of Smirnoff vodka, added about an ounce of Thousand Oaks' magic "Irish Whiskey Essence" and aged it for about six weeks. They say that in 2-4 weeks you get something that resembles Jameson, and if you go six weeks, you have Jameson Twelve Year. The smaller barrel allows more contact to the liquid, allowing it to "age" more quickly. I've got quite a few acquaintances and friends who enjoy the drink up here in New York, and I've been meaning to fill my flask and pass it around, but as of right now I've only bought a (customized) bottle from their website to hold my "water of life" (Ulsce Beatha).
Jacqui and I tried tasting it, but I think she started to cry about how awful it was. Thankfully our friend Jessie came to visit, and with her peer pressure, the three of us took a few shots throughout the night of what I have named "Harahan Export Whiskey." My supervisor, Rudy, who lives in my building, came down and partook once I told him I was taking shots with some sexy ladies. He called it "swell" so we sipped on some Laphroaig Ten Year, Glenmorangie's Quinta Ruban, and beers for the rest of the night, instead.
So I encourage the rest of you outside of New York to come visit, and partake in a drink with Jacqui and I, whether it be "Harahan Export Whiskey," beers from Captain Lawrence, or whatever we can find at the local bars, our door is always open.
Cheers.

No comments:
Post a Comment