Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sales Representative of the Month

 Guess who won Sales Representative of the Month for April? If you're unsure it's okay, I don't believe it was trending on Twitter.

I was given this fancy piece of paper last Thursday at our weekly sales meeting. I must say, the paper is of the highest quality, but the frame, not so much. Made of brittle plastic, I had to break it just so I could scan the document. I'll buy a frame of slightly higher quality at the dollar store tomorrow.

I've thought about hanging it next to my college degree, not because it holds much scholastic value, but as a reminder that sometimes institutions will grant you pieces of paper and it doesn't necessarily mean they will charge you a printing fee for you to have it. Clearly it still upsets me that Shippensburg University charged me a printing fee so that I could receive a physical copy of my degree.

When I was home this past weekend I showed my reward to Hammer and Deb. Hammer went on for a while critiquing and ranking the quality and legibility of each signature. Through these signatures he came to conclusions about each man's work ethic, sense of self worth, and moral code. Once he was finished, I told him what each man was really like, as I understood them, and his views seemed to change drastically for the better.

So when you ask me how things are going at work, I will reply with, "It's going pretty good." I will probably even raise my eyebrows high and nod my head.

1 comment:

  1. I bet Jon didn't actually get Sales Rep of the Month, and that piece of paper is just a forgery.

    ReplyDelete