So cool you found a good typewriter, Jon! I want one so much. I used to have two when I was a kid: a baby blue one and a charcoal gray one. They even had nice cases for storage and easy carrying. (I can't remember the brands.) They had belonged to someone in either my mom or dad's family. I typed my stories and poems on them all the time. I loved the sound and, like you said, how deliciously vintage they smelled. But when I was young, I was much more stupid than I am now, and I gave them to my parents to sell at a yard sale after I got my own computer for my room. Shame on me. I had two and now I have none. What an idiot.
I still prefer writing with pencil in a notebook, though. But I hope I find a good typewriter soon! Enjoy your wonderful machine!!
Laura, you gotta find a typewriter! They're pretty cool. Also, I finally wrote you a letter today, which was written with the typewrittter. It's in the mail.
So cool you found a good typewriter, Jon! I want one so much. I used to have two when I was a kid: a baby blue one and a charcoal gray one. They even had nice cases for storage and easy carrying. (I can't remember the brands.) They had belonged to someone in either my mom or dad's family. I typed my stories and poems on them all the time. I loved the sound and, like you said, how deliciously vintage they smelled. But when I was young, I was much more stupid than I am now, and I gave them to my parents to sell at a yard sale after I got my own computer for my room. Shame on me. I had two and now I have none. What an idiot.
ReplyDeleteI still prefer writing with pencil in a notebook, though. But I hope I find a good typewriter soon! Enjoy your wonderful machine!!
Laura, you gotta find a typewriter! They're pretty cool. Also, I finally wrote you a letter today, which was written with the typewrittter. It's in the mail.
ReplyDeleteBravo!!! I love it and you did great!! I feel very nostalgic and proud!!
ReplyDelete~Mom