When you have no job, no money, and no prospects, it's important to save what little money is left, wherever you can. For instance, when we got Verizon triple play, we opted out of the premium movie channels and super fan sports packages.
Back in D-town at least 75% of my meals were from WaWa, Lione's, Wegman's, or Lou's. Only a small amount were actually home cooked meals, and an even smaller amount did I cook for myself. But now, living in the NYC area, Jacqui and I can't afford to go out 75% of the time.
This post is to show case some of the different foods I've been cooking for myself. I'm not a master chef yet, but I've been learning a lot by doing.

This first creation I call a Cheeseburger. It was made in a frying pan from a box of frozen patties. It's topped with Naturally Slender White American Cheese, sliced thin, and surrounded by a delicious potato roll.
This next creation is something I'd like to call a chicken cheese steak. This part of the world doesn't have traditional cheese steaks, and it's hard to come by certain traditional fresh ingredients like frozen Steak 'ems and long rolls.
However we were lucky enough to find some long rolls and frozen chicken breasts. These breasts are pre-grilled, and cooked, and ready for your enjoyment once defrosted. So, I cooked the chicken in a pan along with onions, olive oil, and a shredded Mexican three cheese blend (before it got too too hard) and put it on a roll. This dish pairs really well with A&P discount cola, or a Yuengling.
Unfortunately I don't have a picture of it, but I've been making some delicious pizzas! Ellios Frozen Pizzas are culinary classics with a depth of style and flavor that is unparalleled in the frozen pizza community. Rarely do I ever feel the need to add extra shredded mozzarella, garlic, onions, honney mustard sauce, or effort.
Come back later in the week to see what else we've been cooking up in Dub-C's 4E!
-_o_-

No comments:
Post a Comment