I first wrote about Danroy Henry on a December 6th 2010 blog post entitled My Experiences So Far With New York Police Officers. And now his killer is Officer of the Year. Why? Because he was successful in murdering Danry Henry.

Is Danroy Henry an important criminal in the neighborhood? Nope, just a young student-athlete with his whole life in front of him. There was a ruckus at the bar he was in, and the police were called. Henry drunkenly got into his car and as the cops knocked on his window he began to pull away out of the fire lane in which his car was parked. So Officer Aaron Hess jumped on the boy's hood and shot multiple times into the car killing Henry. Officer Hess has not been back to work since the incident because he hurt his knee while killing Henry.
Last I checked parking in a fire lane, nor drunk driving, nor even attempted murder was punishable by death. Also, last I checked, the police are supposed to protect and serve, not act as judge, jury, and executioner.
The fact that Hess was given this award for killing Henry and, as I assume, not feeling remorseful for it, shows how absurdly immoral the Pleasantville Police Benevolent Association is able to be. This story also serves as a tool to those of us who are fools, in that we still believe that all people are good and have yet to realize that some people have pathological personalities.
***

Why do I end with a picture of Camus? It is because this story, as can be the case with life itself, is fucking absurd.
No comments:
Post a Comment