Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Soul Left To Lose

Now that I've finally sold out to the man like I always wanted, getting a job as a salesman, I feel my soul dying. Burkowski once said, "If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose," which I think is important in this case. I don't read books any more, I haven't been running at all, and my writing has become short, rushed, and shitty. Instead of doing these things, I busy myself in trying to figure out how to dominate in the highly competitive world of selling.

But, on the other hand, some days I try to let my soul grow as much as it can whether it be through humor, music, or the occasional opportunity in this corporate grind. Sometimes these attempts come across forced.

Today, as I wrote my boss the daily email I send him, I had nothing much to say aside from, "boss, today I did my job, and there is nothing else to report." So instead I put my English major hat back on and wrote something that I personally thought was quite funny, but then again I can be weird:

Steve,

The day was dreary. The rain fell lightly tapping on my car like the way migrants once did as they built homes before the recession. The grey clouds, like the color of my grandmother's eyes, made me long for warmer days when sales volumes were at more reasonable levels.

Aside from the weather, the day went smoothly. I spoke to Fiesta about May 5th and they said that they'd like us to be there around 9AM.


Best,

Jon Harahan
Sales Representative
Route 440


***

And his response:


WTF was that? LOL



Thanks for reading.

1 comment:

  1. And your response to him??? "A peak into my soul"
    Keep smilin'

    ReplyDelete