
First off, I am here to apologize for the past month's lack of blog posts. However, since not one person complained about this, then maybe I should apologize for deciding to start writing again.
Regardless, last week while helping out at the Captain Lawrence tasting room, I carded a young African American man. He handed me a Pennsylvania License. I'm always happy to see one, ask the person what brings them to New York, and see where in PA they're from. So when I saw a Downingtown address I got really siked. "So did you go to east or west!?"
"Actually, I went to Coatesville," he said.
"Oh, so you're a criminal," I responded quite accidentally and automatically.
We both laughed, and as my eyes traveled to my fellow employees I was surprised to see each of their jaws on the floor. I tried to laugh it off and explain that it wasn't insulting because everyone from Coatesville was a criminal of some kind.
"..." they said.
"Coatesville was my school's rival in high school. They have a track and field program that is built on a sense of entitlement and run by criminals."
"Ok," they said.
***
If you're from Coatesville and don't think you're a criminal, look back on your life and remember that you actually are a criminal.
I thought this had something to do with Shippsensburg, what with the Red Raidering thing. I always enjoy those things
ReplyDeleteHaha yep, I almost didn't go to Ship because they were the Red Raiders, but I wanted to go to college, ha.
ReplyDeleteStop being jealous that I just took your wallet, but I left you that sorry a** phone! I can't wait until your next haircut, buddy!
ReplyDeleteI had no idea they were criminals....
ReplyDelete